Thursday 6 January 2011

Action-Thriller questionnaire - results

As a task, I was asked to compose a questionnaire and ask people about which draft poster they preferred out of the three. I found that a majority of the class preferred Poster 2 as the best to promote the film, Whereas the poster that people found least effective was Poster 3. I would say that this does not differ very much from my expectations, as I was almost certain that Poster 3 wouldn't come across very effectively because I decided to draw a very simple poster due to a lack of ideas. I knew that Poster 2 would be the most effective of the posters because it sets the scene and intrigues the reader without giving away the entire story.

Poster 2 would probably be my choice for the final poster because it is intriguing and sets a clear visual summary of the plot but doesn't explain every detail, Thus intriguing the viewer. There has been some suggestion to improve my posters, such as adding more color and imagery, to make the title stand out and to make it seem clearer to the audience what the film is about. As for own opinion, I think that there are some design elements that don't work. For example, think that I should add more imagery to the posters in order to make the premise of the film clearer to the viewer, and make the text on the poster larger and bolder.


No comments:

Post a Comment